M.H. Del Pilar Street, Malate, Manila
Other Name: Malate Church
Gracing the altar of the Our Lady of Remedies Parish is an image of the Virgen de los Remedios, which was brought to the Malate from Spain in 1624 by an Augustinian friar. It survived the Chinese invasion (1662), the British occupation (1762), the “Great Earthquake” (1863), and the destruction of the church (1945), amassing a large number of devotees. Recently, Our Lady of Remedies Parish rose to prominence as a wedding location for its long aisle — ideal for a long (and dramatic) bridal march. The church also has a distinctive three-story facade that integrates Muslim and Baroque architecture.