Pedro Gil Street, Santa Ana, Manila
Other Name: Santa Ana Church
Established by Spanish Franciscan missionaries in 1578, the Santa Ana church is one of the few churches that survived the destructive World War II. A well-kept feature of the church is the Camarín de la Virgen, an ornate dressing room, where the image of the Our Lady of the Abandoned is placed and changed of her vestments during religious occasions. The art tradition of the remarkable paintings on the ceiling of the Camarín, which depict scenes from the lives of Jesus and Mary, is from the Estampita Age of Filipino-Spanish art.