With 200 days on lockdown, it’s understandable that Pinoys are going to want to go elsewhere other than their homes and the usual grocery runs. Thankfully for those with itchy feet, the Department of Tourism approved staycations in GCQ areas on September 10 as a means to revive local tourism during quarantine and bring back jobs in the industry. Accommodation establishments in GCQ areas have been granted permission to resume operations beginning October 1.
If you’re planning to book a stay soon or an establishment owner, here are important staycation guidelines to take note of:
Who is allowed to go on staycations?
According to the administrative order signed by Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat, persons of all ages are allowed to go on staycations, except pregnant women and those who have comorbidities.
Each guest is required to undergo a rapid test and present a negative result on the same day of check-in.
What are the protocols for accommodation establishments?
Establishments under GCQ will be given a DOT Certificate Authority to Operate for Staycations granted they follow guidelines. This includes declaring the maximum number of guests allowed per room, and following health and safety standards for their operations.
The DOT certificate must be acquired before accommodating any guests.
The DOT also released the following guidelines:
- Facilities such as swimming pools, gyms, restaurants, and stores are allowed to resume operations
- Bars are to remain closed
- Keep a record of occupancy to be submitted every 10th of the month to relevant DOT regional and local offices
- Develop staycation packages that are appropriate for the market demand while following health and safety guidelines
- Promote minimal physical contact among staff and guests
- Contactless and cashless transactions both on booking and payments for the stay
- Adhere to issuances, guidelines, and rules and regulations by the Department of Trade and Industry, Department of Health, and LGU
Find your dream staycation with these articles:
City Staycation: Plan Your Holidays Early, Check Out These Airbnbs in Metro Manila
Spectacular Beachfront Airbnbs That Let You Wake Up With a View of the Ocean
6 Must-Visit Airbnbs in Laguna That Have Private Pools
These Airbnbs in Batangas will Give You a Slice of Paradise Near the Metro